Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This is for the birds...er...dogs...

I never thought about it starting my job, but going into people's homes is very intrusive.
No, not for them.
For me.
Because my leg, and my bag, and sometimes, even my dignity gets invaded upon by the creatures that live in these homes.

The dogs.

And I am a lover of canines, I even have had one live with me (oh Ray, how we miss your stench), but the tale of the dogs has gotten a bit out of hand.

First of all, I have to keep their names straight. THE DOG'S NAMES, not my patients.
And I only have to do this because I usually need it first, DOWN JACK!
NO HUMPING DJ! BAD! GIVE ME MY THERMOMETER JOJO...HERE! NOW!

I never thought I would have to plan my outfits around other people's animals, but if it's raining, and I'm going to see the leg humper, dark pants it is! But if I go to Mr X's house and the big dog is out, light pants for sure, the hair will show less. Not to mention the crotch sniffers, the ferocious barkers AS I LEAVE the house, the underfooters (oops, ARF!) and the giant dog crate night stand dwellers.

WHAT? REALLY?

Yes. It's true, all of it true.
It's comforting and reassuring to know that people out there are truly insane about their animals, it's natural, it's normal, it's therapeutic, it's all in a day's work.





*all dogs names have been changes...

*phot of Ray by Xavy

2 comments:

  1. The images I had while reading this post were disturbing(!)

    I hope you have a checklist on your reporting sheets for interactions with canines.

    Humped. Check!
    Licked. Check!
    Sniffed. Check Check!!

    ReplyDelete