Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's so nice out, I think I'll shut the windows and go to bed

I don't know if this is like that Alanis Morrisette song where she lists a bunch of "ironic" things but really they're not ironic at all, it's just a bunch of anecdotes about having really bad luck. All these spoons when all you need is a knife, rain on your wedding day. You know it, too.



Well it seems now that spring is here, all I want to do is close my eyes(, and doors, and windows,) and go to bed. I know if you click back to a post of mine from about this time last year I will have said the same thing. That's one of the great things about this seasonal amnesia. I forget how early the winter starts, how long it lasts, how quickly it gets dark and then light again and how intolerable the first few weeks of budding trees can be. When asked what my favorite season is (more often then you'd think in a first grade classroom) I default to fall. I feel like it SHOULD be my favorite season. It's so classic with it's sunny days and chilly nights. Changing leaves and freshly picked apples. I think what I really want to say is summer but how cliche is that? A teacher who loves summer. Come on. Sometimes I almost say spring. But I never can bring myself to say spring and now, through tearing itchy eyes, a completely clogged nose and sneezing fits, I think I remember why.

It looks lovely. That's for sure. But I just simply can't wait for the...
fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment