Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sneaky Camel Kisses.


Just stood with Dec & Nonie in the rain waiting for the bus.

I often use this time to get free kisses from the kids.

Today was no different. But I needed a strategy because they were focused on re-routing water through tiny gravel "streams".

I said to the kids that that my kisses are sneaky because they think they are getting just one, but really - I sneak about 3 or 4 in.

Who wants a sneaky kiss?
They lined up.

I demoed my kissing strategy on Nonie first.
She laughed.

Dec stood close, one kiss - then 2,3,4 and he lunged backward laughing too.
Rewind. Play. Rewind. Play. Rewind. Play.

My kisses got faster the more I "practiced".

Then Dec cried out
Let me try!

He came in with the slowest stickiest kisses right on my cheek.
There was nothing sneaky about them
but they were every bit awesome.

His hot giggling breath on my face mixed with his long, drawn out, super sticky kiss -

Is this what getting kissed by a camel feels like?

Nonie copied Dec on my other cheek.

For a few moments my cheeks were sprinkled with sweet sticky kisses from both kids
in the rain
waiting for the bus.

I bet my neighbors were jealous.

So my sneaky kissing strategy worked -
my cheeks are still sticky and

my heart is still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment