Monday, May 2, 2011

-Think of it this way
Have you ever run for you life?
Really run, with the world's tallest buildings in the world's city crashing behind you?
With people screaming and scared,
Watching people so desperate that jumping to their death is their only option.
I have and I will NEVER forget that day.
Never.
And I hope,
almost everyday
that I never have to run for my life again.
And that my daughter and my husband will never have to run for their lives.
I live in the world's city and I wear it like a badge. I earned it that day.

It is not for everyone to understand, but if you had run for your life you might be more than relieved that a mass murderer is no longer a threat and perhaps those in his following will feel that their mission is not a worthy one. It is not a day to celebrate, I personally breathed a small sigh of relief. But the sick feeling in my stomach is back, I no longer wear heels because now I work in another landmark building in another landmark neighborhood and I am scared that I may have to run for life again. Soon.

No doubt this tit-for-tat terrorism will continue and be hard to eliminate, but this week was a milestone. That horrible monster had no soul. I understand that someone might rejoice in his death. Maybe there is someone who is sad for his death, but it is not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment