Monday, April 12, 2010

Oh yes she did....


Nearly four days home and I'm (still) coming down, down, down off vacation highs. Then there was Sanibel. Then there wasn't Sanibel.

I've never been good at transitions.
Homecoming was mostly sweet with a little bitter. Finn Finn our Fabulous fish was (is) alive and skittish - thanks Emah (for the alive part, it is Nonie's big goofy grin pressed against the side of his bowl that makes him skittish). Daffodils graced our kitchen table and milk was in our fridge.

We picked up right where we left off - zooming here, there, everywhere - it makes me wonder if we really were away at all. Did I just dream that whole thing?


But then I get around to unloading my numerous pictures.
One by one by one they flash before me and I can just feel the sand stuck between my toes. I can just see the Osprey circling high above the warm pool where I'm spending 2 hours giggling with Nonie and Dec. I can just picture the people scooping shells into buckets, laughing together, cycling for miles - oh wait, that's us. I can just. Sanibel was all that.


And Sanibel was even a little bit more.
Oh yes it was...

But, then I get to this picture and I pause...

Is that? Did she..? Wha..?

I rub my eyes.

Oh yes, she did.

I didn't dream it.

Granny's Got Game (set and match).

2 comments:

  1. ...and a few minutes later Dec said, "Granny, if you want to learn how to play tennis you can watch me and my dad play." Truth!

    ReplyDelete