Sunday, November 15, 2009

Deep (dish) thoughts.

I would like to talk to you honestly and openly about pizza.

After four nights of wilting on the couch my tired body did not want much. Unbeknown to me it had already come down with quite the case of swine flu and was morphing into bronchitis.
No I didn't want much more. Actually, I didn't want what I didn't know I had.
You still with me?
So when Friday night dinner rolled around and Eric asked what I might want to eat (seeming to understand that I would not be the one cooking) I said "maybe some of the pizza in the freezer". Really I had been thinking about that freezer-pizza for a few hours. Now it seemed so close!
Upon freezer inspection he reported that we did not have any pizza. (When did he eat that? I now wonder).
Oh.
"But I can go to the corner store and buy some".
Lest I catch you thinking "Aw what a guy" let me rewind to the night before. When he told me he could go down to said corner store for some Vick's Vapor rub because it is just so great and he loves it so much and it will work wonders and I just had to have it. I waited. He never left the house.
I knew the pizza was just a mirage. Maybe the whole corner store was.
"No, it's ok".
I wasn't really that hungry anyway. Truly. I was pizza. You know? It was Friday night. Isn't that the ultimate Friday night dinner? But really, I wasn't hungry. In case you are wondering what happened... I lived to see Saturday morning.
As I lay quarenteened at Tese's house for the day Saturday I began to realize that she truly was not going to let me go home. I surrendered into my corner of the couch and watched four more hours of the Little Couple. That Bill is a hoot!! I did not lift a finger all day. That really happens when you're sick?
Maddy and Andrew came pack from a birthday party with a hot pizza. AT LONG LAST! My tummy smiled.
I came home this morning for just long enough to mumble something about "needing to go to Stowe to get some TLC" within Eric's earshot and headed out for a previously planned trip to Target with a pal. Before I left Eric asked something about would I want dinner tonight. It was 10 am.

When I got home he asked me.......
"How about some pizza?"

He is in the kitchen.

Making it from scratch.

That makes for two nights in a row.

http://therideinside.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg

It should have been three.
(I mean... thank you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment