Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Not this kid....


So I slunk the kid into school today with a hat on his head. I tried not to look anyone in the eye as I went past the front desk and into the room. I was looking for the big STOP sign with a picture of a creepy crawly on it warning of HEAD LICE!! FOUND HERE...then a picture of Xave's noggin.
I thought we would be black listed.
No signs, coast is clear.
But of course as we open the door to the room the director of the day care walks out, looks me in the eye and whispers, "how is he?"

I reply saying fine, and shrug my shoulders, not wanting to draw attention to any our conversation.

No sideways glances from the teachers (well maybe one).



And no, maybe it wasn't the work of the louse that put the bites into Xave's head. Perhaps it was the shears used for his first official haircut at Supercuts, but I put out the red alert, and the worst that could have happened is a complete cleaning of the room. Can't be a bad thing to do in this season of illness.

But really look at that face.
Couldn't be his fault.





No comments:

Post a Comment