Saturday, November 14, 2009

WKRP


Thinking about names and how we come up with them.
I have never had a problem with my name.
Not sure if I say it correctly, and not so sure I love it when people ask if its spelled the boys way, or if I say my name and then the person replies, "oh hi Anne".
But I like my name.
I have stashes of names stored up for upcoming children I hope to have (and no this is not an announcement).

Today as we fled the homestead to allow Maria to get down to business, we hit up a local establishment for some hot wings.
Then it came on the radio, a jingle from a t.v. show that was on the air more than 20 years ago (must be around 26 years ago).
The theme song from WKRP in Cincinatti.
Not sure how I know that, as t.v. was not allowed, must have been right before a cord cutting.


And then I remembered.
When mom and dad sat us down to tell us about Ourleen.
She was coming.
And I had a name picked out for her. If she was a boy. Which we didn't know then.






Johnny Fever.




XOXO Ourleen! Feel better! I'm glad you are Ourleen and not Johnny.

3 comments:

  1. I don't even know where/how/what to begin posting comments. First of all... Can someone explain the picture ?

    Second of all... WHAT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA...
    1) playing w/photobucket things get out of control there
    2) ?!? sometimes you just type what comes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd make a terrible Johnny. But the fever part is dead on. Though I prefer to pronounce it FEVA.

    ReplyDelete