Monday, March 15, 2010

Little Person spotlight #1

The thing about kids is, they're just little people.
Starting to figure themselves out.

I see hundreds every day.
I work with them closely.
I know what they like to eat and how they spend their time away from school.
But I don't have any emotional attachment to them.
I mean, some of them are cute.
But they're not my people.

When I get to see my little people I get to see the changes.
Relearn about them and who they've become since the last visit.
They are always changing.
ALWAYS cuter.
It's magic.

Here is a spotlight on one of my little people.

Lumpkins.

She likes to stick things on my head and then let me eat the crusts of her pb&j sandwiches.She lets me sit next to her in the way way back of the car and let Emah take pictures of us.
She rocks the house at bowling and doesn't even rub it in your face when she beats you. Like her dad does.

Italic(I think that's a strike)

Final verdict on Lumpy: cool kid.
Best story she told: saving a kid on the playground.
Uncool thing she tried to do: give me a wedgie.
Cool thing she let me do: give her a big one.
What I didn't know about her before but do now: she doesn't like icing.
What she might be figuring out about herself: she's easy on the eyes (how does a first grader handle such revelations?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment