Tuesday, March 2, 2010

O!

A few years ago, we arrived on Martha's Vineyard with our sweet baby Dec in tow. He had his new collection of match box cars and 4 hours of pent-up energy. He danced around the house proudly showing his new birthday present to Papa. We gathered in the living room to ooooh and aaaaah at his treasures.

I was equally proud of these cars and trucks and explained to Papa that I'd gotten the collection for next to nothing on Ebay.

A few moments later, deep in conversation - I noticed Dec had something in his mouth. I ran after him, braced his head and scooped out a Cheerio thankful that it wasn't a tiny black tire, or metal bumper from the new collection.

"Just a Cheerio!" I said, and plopped down on the couch opposite dad.

With a sickly look on his face Papa said, "did that cheerio come from Ebay too?".

"Eeeeeewwwwwww....... of course not...." I said.


Did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment