Sunday, September 26, 2010

fall day chronicles

We had a perfectly lovely fall day today highlighted by a hike and pumpkin picking.
Other than that there isn't anything fall about it other than my smartwools and fleece sweatshirt with some football on in the background as I type.

The hike was super lovely because Drake only tried to bite one dog (good job, Drake!) and from the top we could see the lovely colors of autumn.
I also ate 3 peanut butter crackers (and gave 1 to Drake) and peanut butter crackers make a hike even better than it was before the peanut butter crackers.
Poor Gran schlepped all the way up here last week and wouldn't you know the leaves start to turn right when she heads back to NY. Next time, Gran.

From our hike we headed to the Z's house where we had the pleasure of eating TZ's precious bread.
I wonder if she hmphed at us as we made sandwiches.
I didn't notice, I was busy eating.
Her bread was pretty tasty.
I also managed to have some cupcakes and pie and left with a full belly as I often do.

One quick trip to the pumpkin patch to pick up 3 pumpkins.
Guess what?
There are four steps in front of the house. Who knew?
Next time, pumpkin.

We also got to see Mrs. and Miss Z's prized pumpkin on which Miss Z then sat on for the next 15 minutes singing row row row your boat.
And skate skate skate your skateboard.
And anything else she could think to belt out for the crowd of onlookers and photographer taking her picture.
Of her.
Rowing her little arms on her big prized pumpkin.

I intend to enjoy fall for approximately the next 8 days until the leaves crumble to the ground and the snow starts to appear on the mountain tops.

It was fun while it lasted.

1 comment:

  1. 1. ain't she a beauty!
    2. the little girl's not bad either.
    3. and the cute guy- wait, is that a caterpillar on his lip??
    4. kinda sketchy that a stranger has a whole roll of picture of maddy posing, and now also has my email address. i guess we both fail stranger danger.
    5. thanks for the visit. made my whole day. xxo

    ReplyDelete