Monday, September 27, 2010

Is That A Shin Splint I Feel?

Musings from the afternoon jog (not to be confused with the morning jog)


Is that a shin splint I feel?
Could that car drive any closer to me?
Did the rain just get harder?
Why does my pony tail feel fuzzy?
Jacket off.
Since when did my chest size triple?
This sports bra is begging for retirement.

Is this what a shin-splint feels like?
I think those horses are laughing at me.
Can I really run a 1/2 marathon in 5 days?
Jacket on.
Good song - run faster. F-A-S-T-E-R.
Too much jiggling.
Why haven't I been training?

I think I'll take a tub when I get home.
Did I need to say that I'd run 12.5 miles today?
Uh oh, which way do I go?
Dame was right - I'm gonna get lost.
I guess I'll go left.
More horses.
These ones are definitely laughing at me.

Wrong turn.
I should have asked that car for help.
Too bad this jacket isn't breathable.
Jacket off.
Rain stopped.
Who slipped "Your Body Is a Wonderland" onto my jogging playlist?
I wonder if they ate dinner without me.
Yup, I just added an extra 1/2 mile to the run.

Great Blue Heron by the stream - great excuse to stop and breathe.
Ah, this hill looks familiar.
A car just drove past really slow - are they trying to race me?
Or mock me?
Blister alert.
Is it starting to rain again?
Wow. Refreshing.
Uhhh change that. It is pelting the backs of my eyeballs.

Who's idea was this running thing anyway?
What's up with the .1?
13 miles I can do. But 13.1 might put me right over the edge.

This is it - home stretch.
Wave to neighbors heading out to dinner.
Tuck head down.
Grit teeth.
There are no excuses.
Just 1 more mile to go.
Straight up hill.
Damn these hills.
There are no excuses.

Round the corner for home!

Rain!
Am I imagining the smell of pizza?
Did I really just open my mouth and try to get a drink of rain?
Is there a warm bath waiting for me?
Is that sweat or rain? I think it is sweat.
Legs want to keep moving.
Just one more step - home sweet ho-

Is that a shin splint I feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment