Sunday, September 19, 2010

Plan, Un-plan, Re-plan

I made a lot of plans this weekend.
For better or worse.

I spent 2 hours at school planning my week and organizing my classroom.
I arranged where the spelling papers and materials would go.
I mapped out what to teach in Social Studies (poor Social Studies) and Science.
I bought supplies to make creation collages that will knock your socks off.
I meant to do my goal sheets for some of my students. Just remembering this now. I'll have to re-plan that for tomorrow.

I spent 1 hour planning and organizing my closet.
I moved the skirts and dresses to the darkest corners and then re-moved them to the darkest bin.
I made space for wool pants and sweaters.
I put away the sandals and moved the cowboy boots to the front.
I decided my Saints jersey will be my Sunday uniform.

I spent the rest of the weekend planning and unplanning a wedding.
I can't remember,
is this supposed to be fun?
I started thinking about how I am dreading to love, or loving to dread, or just dreading, the cold weather. As I packed up my skirts I saw several I hadn't even gotten to wear yet and not just because I have too many but because their late summer/early fall days are numbered and I forgot to remind them about that.
I was thinking about getting married this time next year and then about getting married in the summer and then I remembered how much I despised March last year.
I remember hearing the line "March is so that people who don't drink know what a hangover is like".
Oh, March.
Are you winter or spring?
And then I got to thinking,
I should plan on not liking March.
It has some rather unlikable qualities.
But should I plan on planning a wedding for March?
Would I then like March?
Or not like my wedding?

So my classroom is organized and my closet is rearranged and now I am left wondering about this wedding and about March.

Does it even matter? I'm sure Vegas is lovely any time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment