Saturday, October 23, 2010

Good vs trying to be good but falling a little bit short of goodness...

I really love Saturdays. I try to relax, but mostly I use my time at home to clean and organize places in the house that have NEVER been cleaned (sorry closet under the stairs, you are scary and full of spiders and I only go in you if absolutely necessary).
And I do try to play and be FUN, but Xave also does a REALLY good job at being 2.
The morning cuteness and sleepiness wears off as soon as daddy leaves to go to the football game.
I try to ignore "batty", but as soon as he is standing ON my computer smashing "batty" into it I lose it. Batty gone.
And as quickly as it happened we are sitting together eating pancakes and syrup.
And so the day goes.
Cleaning windows and removing screens (i.e. more spider webs).
X playing golf.
Attempting to blow some of the leaves.
X in my arms.
Cleaning the garage/basement/organizing recycling.
X taking all the styrofoam inserts from the boxes and turning them into potty seats while removing all the clothing from his lower half?! (peepee here mom?) ummm sure, is this in the potty training books?
Cleaning the gross light fixtures I never would have purchased in 1,000,000,000 years but am stuck with for the interim.
X watching football on mute/listening to classical music.
Cooking dinner, waiting for daddy.
X chewing carrots/meatballs/sweet potatoes and spitting them back out.



X dancing to classical music.
X playing Connect 4 with us after dinner.
X wanting to be read every book in sight.
X falling asleep, head off couch, face down, completely comfortable.





BTW, "batty" was returned. He used it in the car to Declan's soccer game to turn the over head lights on.... and off.....and on.....and off......and on..........................






No comments:

Post a Comment