Friday, October 1, 2010

Stratton Blue

As soon as I my head hits the pillow I am out.
Sleep comes easy after a long day.
And as I drift off I could imagine that I am sailing through the sea, rocking off to a peaceful night's sleep.
Surrounded by an ocean of blue.

Or I could be up in the sky, on a cloud of whiteness (only white sheets and blankets on my bed). Blue skies and puffy bed, it is surely a good way to go into lala land.


But I hate flying. I really do not like being up in the air. I panic. I have taken drugs to get from here to there without freaking out. For me pretending to fly is about as relaxing as listening to a soundtrack of nails on chalkboards or baby cries.

And boats, well they bring on panic too. Especially the little ones. The loss of control, the role of mother nature, the fear of not seeing land....well pass the brown bag and bring on the Xanax.


But my blue walls bring peaceful nights and happy thoughts for different reasons.


I purposely chose Benjamin Moore Stratton Blue from the Historical Collection for the name.
And every time I look at the walls I can't help but remember the day we painted the room.
Being 6 months pregnant I was given a by.
And Bri and I had to get to Sears to pick out a new fridge for the pad.

So we left the task of painting our bedroom to mom and dad.
I don't think dad has ever painted a room in his own house.
But with his work clothes on he got to business and relayed the story of his summer painting houses.
And when I Bri and I returned our room was blue.

And as I lie in bed I see their work. Their beautifully painted blue room that brings me peace, and happiness and comfort.
Despite its imperfections. I know I am home. And it makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment