Monday, July 26, 2010

And what if you don't know everything?

I sat in a class last week with some really cranky people.
And if their intent was to make everyone around them miserable,
well,
mission accomplished my friends.

You know what their problem was?
They were know-it-alls.
They already knew everything,
and they'd been using it for years.
But you have to take this class in order to take the next level of this class.
So I was thinking of making a suggestion to the people who run it to split the first section up into two sections.
The people who feel like they already know everything.
And the nice people.
(I think you know where I'd be)
(Right?)
Because their attitude was toxic.
By Thursday after lunch I starting to get the ants (in the pants) and wanted out.
But NO, I thought, there's still more to learn.

And besides I'm only a know-it-all about one thing and that's walking my dog.
I REALLY REALLY know what I'm doing.

I don't think I want to be a know-it-all. It doesn't seem like a very fun role to play and I'm not a good thespian anyway.



I even wonder if I should keep being a know-it-all about dog-walking. The horror of thinking that my way IS the highway.
But, I don't want to make people around me miserable, because I think I know so much.
If I haven't already.

So now I will just try to be a know-it-most.
Because other people know things too.
And sometimes, I don't know-it-at-all,
and I've got to figure it out as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment